Skip to main content

What happens if the Tardis goes through the Phantom Tollboth?

I think the Doctor would be at home in the lands beyond.


"Pardon me," said Milo to the first man who happened by; "can you tell me where I am?"


"To be sure," said Canby; "you're on the Island of Conclusions. Make yourself at home. You're apt to be here for some time."

"But how did we get here?" asked Milo, who was still a bit puzzled by being there at all.

"You jumped, of course," explained Canby. "That's the way most everyone gets here. It's really quite simple: every time you decide something without having a good reason, you jump to Conclusions whether you like it or not. It's such an easy trip to make that I've been here hundreds of times."

The Phantom Tollbooth
     by Norton Juster, illustrated by Jules Feiffer


Comments