Skip to main content

H-1B Visas a new form of Indentured Servent

I've worked in the Tech. Industry for 20+ years, I'm lucky I was born a citizen of the U.S. I do question if the Visa system is not just a new form of Indentured Servitude?

You remember from history class - Indentured Servants were just another word for slave.

Indentured Servant (wikipedia)

A good article on the topic is "America's High-Tech Sweatshops" in BusinessWeek, Oct 12, 2009. It gives two resources that the oppressed are using to fight back: Goolti.com and DesiCrunch.com.

Wikipedia details the criticisms of the H-1B program.

Why is Janis Joplin in my head?
Freedom's just another word for nothing left to loose
Nothing, I mean nothing honey if it ain't free, no no
Yeah feeling good was easy Lord when he sang the blues
You know feeling good was good enough for me
Good enough for me and my Bobby McGee.

Comments